We are super excited to announce that Hiber is one of the startups that has been shortlisted to to pitch at this years PITCH competition during Web Summit 2018.
We are pleased to announce that Hiber will be exhibiting its game creation platform as an ALPHA startup during Web Summit 2018 in Lisbon.
Visitors will be able to get their hands on an early version of our game creation tool and try out creating their very own video game, so if you are in Lisbon in November 5-8 be sure to look us up.
About Web Summit
Web Summit has grown to become “Europe’s largest and most important technology marketplace”. This year over 70,000 people is expected to come to Lisbon for Web Summit.
This is the biggest update since the launch of the closed beta. Hopefully this will make it A LOT faster to create stuff.
- Easier to build with the new build system. Just point where you want add something. Why the heck didn’t we implement this earlier?!
- Added avatar to preview mode. Will add this in play mode shortly.
- Added a few landscape templates you can use when you create stuff. So now your amazing castle doesn’t need to float in midair all the time.
- The sunlight now actually comes from the sun. Pretty neat. 😉
- Blocks can now be resized. This is kind of in an experimental state now. Try to resize something with “Alt” and arrow keys before you add your object to a scene.
- More materials to choose from.
- More gadgets to choose from.
- Sound now works correctly in play mode.
- Possibility to lock specific objects. And yay, you can unlock them as well!
- Spawn point direction now works properly.
- Magnets are now off as default.
- Fixed so that you can’t fall through objects you’re not supposed to fall through.
- Various bug fixes and performance updates.
Our initial focus has been to make Hiber work on Desktop (use Chrome for best experience, more browsers to be added). Even though it is possible to experience content on Mobile, Tablets and in VR (Mobile VR, Rift, Vive and Daydream) as well, these platforms are currently work in progress.
We are excited and proud to announce that Hiber has received a “Seal of Excellence” from the EU innovation program Horizon 2020 in competition with startups from all over Europe.
As a result we have also been awarded a 500.000 SEK grant from Sweden’s innovation agency Vinnova. This means we are now even better positioned to be able create an awesome social gaming platform for gamers and virtual explorers all over the world.
To be selected in large competition with companies from all industries all over Europe is an important validation of our case and that so many people believe in us and our mission means a lot to us.
We are excited and proud to announce that Hiber has made it into the Top 30 of the hottest Nordic & Baltic Startups for 2018 by ArcticStartup.
ArcticStartup is a leading startup media and organiser of Arctic15, an annual event for startups, investors and corporates from over 60 different countries. The event will take place in Helsinki on May 30-31. Give us a shout if you are planning to attend Arctic15 this year.
Excited to announce that Hiber, in competition with more than 500 other Swedish startups, has received a 300.000 SEK grant from Sweden’s innovation agency Vinnova in its Innovative Startups call.
The grant from Vinnova means that we are now able to proceed with our plans for creating a truly awesome social gaming platform for user-created content.